This is one of our family favorites. Even both of our kids love it (minus the spicy red pepper flakes)!
- 1 (16 oz) package linguini pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic pressed (or minced)
- 48 large shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tails removed)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (one for the pasta, one for later on)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Prep time: Approx. 10 min. Cook time: Approx. 30 min. Ready in 40 min.
- Boil a large pot of water. Add 1 tsp. salt. Add the linguini. Cook till al dente (approximately 11 minutes). Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water for later and then drain the pasta.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter. Add 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil and the chopped red and yellow pepper. Cook until soft (approximately 7 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant (approximately 1 minute).
- Add shrimp and cook until pink (approximately 5 minutes)
- Add wine, lemon juice, and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add cream, reserved pasta cooking water, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. salt, and parsley. (We add the red pepper flakes later- just for those who like spicy food).
- Lightly toss in the pasta. Simmer 5 min. and serve.
Dinner Discussion Topic: If you share your meal with others, ask them to share what the highs and lows of their days were.
Recipe adapted from this Scrumptious Shrimp Scampi Linguini Recipe.
My desire is that through this blog, you will be inspired to:
- engage deeply with the Lord and those you care about
- embrace wholly, bringing your whole self to the table to connect with others, and
- delight lavishly, celebrating the consequential and minutia of life.
This recipe is a delight to my taste buds and a gift of healthy eating to those I love. Just a small taste of celebration and connection in my life.
Want More Like This?
- Sprouted Wheat Pasta (Great for Philips Electric Pasta Makers and Others!)
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Energy Bites- My Favorite Healthy Cookie