Moist Einkorn Banana Bread
Soft, moist, delicious dairy-free banana bread made with einkorn flour
If you don’t believe you can get einkorn flour to be anything but dry, you will be delighted with this. I genuinely didn’t know how to make it moist without kefir, butter, or yogurt, but I wanted everyone to enjoy it, so dairy was out. In replacing a Tablespoon of dairy, I put in about a full 1/2 cup of applesauce. It was a whole mini cup of applesauce- you know, the kind you throw in a lunchbox? I figured it was likely too much, but- nope. It was perfect!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (butter if you don’t need dairy-free)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or rapadura or sucanat- any not super refined sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce (yogurt or kefir if you don’t need dairy-free)
- 1 1/2 cup sifted einkorn flour (or whatever flour you like)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts (or 1/2 if you don’t love them)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mash bananas and mix with oil and applesauce
- Add eggs, but don’t overmix (stirring eggs too much makes it less fluffy)
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Gently mix.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9×5 bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Check it to be sure it is at least 195° inside before removing.
More Like ThisThis blog is designed to help you live, enjoy, experience, and engage in the best life God has in store for you. I share recipes that our family enjoys in hopes that it adds health and flavor to your life. My prayer is that you can enjoy what you eat and enjoy it with those you love around conversations that draw you closer. If you enjoy this recipe please like this blog and follow me below. You can also find siplifeslowly on whatever social media you like best Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr. If you liked this, you might like:
- Berry Sherbet
- The Most Probiotic Rich Food: Dairy Kefir
- The Simple Guide to Dairy Kefir
- Golden Beet Noodles with Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts