If you’ve set out to reach a spiritual growth goal in 2020, you’re aspiring to care for your deepest need. Sweet plan.
But, how can you be sure you follow through? How do you even begin? I’d like to briefly share 4 amazing resources. Each of these are free.
If you know the first two, skip right down to 3 and 4. You will NOT want to miss them!
Likely you’re already using this one. It’s one of the top to pop up in searches. But if you’d like to do any of these:
- Read through the whole Bible this year
- Read the same book of the Bible every day for a month (and then pick a new one next month to read each day that month)
- Read the Bible a little bit each day
This could help! Biblegateway has:
- The Bible available in tons of translations
- Audio Bibles that you can listen to while you rest on the couch with your eyes closed, wash dishes, work out, etc.
- A verse of the day you can have sent to you
- Devotional and reference resources
2. Blue Letter Bible.org
I absolutely love this one for finding the meaning of the Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew words. If I’m studying a passage, I’ll often hop over here to find out what each word specifically means.
BlueLetterBible.org also has:
- Audio and video commentaries
- Charts, outlines, timelines, maps, and tons of other resources to aid your Bible study
Biblical Training.org is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
I can’t say enough about it. You can choose from:
- Foundations Track:
- Basic classes on How to understand the Bible and grow in your faith
- Such as Bible Survey: A Big Screen Perspective and Why I Trust My Bible
- Academy Track:
- University-level classes on Bible, Theology, Leadership, and Ministry
- Such as New Testament Survey and Essentials of Church History
- Institute Track:
- Seminary-level classes on Bible, Theology, Leadership and Ministry
- Such as Apologetics, studies of specific books of the Bible, and Spiritual Life of the Leader
Small groups can use it to go through studies together, churches can use it to set up a landing page for their congregation to go through specific classes together, and individuals can use it.The seminars lend themselves easily to group studies of things like:
- Essentials of Worship
- Gospel, Salvation, and Other Religions
- Spiritual Warfare
- Theology of Work
The over 130 classes are free!
Are you a non-native English speaker or perhaps a missionary?
The Foundations classes are available in Hindi, Swahili, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic!
4.Dallas Theological Seminary
Another place to access rock solid Bible and Theology courses that will breath life into your Bible study is Dallas Theological Seminary’s free online offerings. Woh. It’s good.
I’ve gone through a number of these courses and- wow. They deepen my knowledge of God through His Word.
Here are some of the classes listed(or just click here for the full list):
- The Story of Scripture
- Jonah and Ruth
- Understanding God’s Covenants
- The Life of Christ
- Can You Trust the Bible?
Where to Begin?
If you know me, then you know I’m a teacher through and through. I absolutely LOVE research and learning. I could bathe in these last two resources 24-7 and be absolutely blissful….but of course, I do have other things on my plate: writing, teaching, homeschooling, being a wife and mom, washing endless dishes, eating, sleeping, playing Monopoly Deal and Trouble with the kids, cleaning up messes, etc. So, sadly, I can’t. Whether you are super into learning or just want to take one class to deepen your understanding of God this year, these are great, free resources for you.
If you just have time for 1 class or want a mind-blowing place to start, here is what I recommend. Listen to Craig Keener’s study of Acts through biblicaltraining.org. Set aside an extra quiet time to listen to Lecture 4. I’ll be writing more about why next week.
More Like This
Do you know of more great resources like these? If so, please share in the comments below. You never know whose life you might change for the better.
If you found this article helpful, stick around!
I’m not an affiliate to any of these sites, but I love to share great resources with my readers.
Photo adapted from Image by Mystic Art Design from Pixabay
Copyright © 2019 Angela Edmonds. All rights reserved.
2 thoughts on “4 Life-breathing Free Resources to Help You Crush Your Spiritual Growth Goals In 2020”
Thanks for the resources, and free is totally in my budget!
Mine, too! I hope you find them encouraging!
LikeLiked by 1 person