The nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award is sweet encouragement. I just hope my blog is an encouragement to others to drink deep of life and of all the Lord has for them.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates.They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they can get.This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Thank you so much, Michelle Sark, for nominating me for this award!
Check out Michelle’s blog Better Together, because “Everything is easier when you know you aren’t alone.” I am ever encouraged and informed by her posts, learning a great deal about health, allergies, and life.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Here are 3 Facts about me:
- The God who spoke the universe into being has radically forgiven me and given me new life in Him- a chance to know Him now and forever. This of all things defines who I am- forgiven, free, loved.
- I might surprise you with my animal noises. I can make a mean peacock, chicken, and monkey sound. I love adding sound affects to books I read to my kids.
- I’m deeply passionate about:
- Helping people communicate who they are and what they mean in a way that can be heard across cultural and gender differences.
- Motivating others to delight in the big and small of life and truth.
- Stimulating real, solid, lasting relationships that spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST STRENGTH AND YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESS?
I think my greatest strength is that I am broad and deep. What do I mean by this? For example, when I think of my friendships, I have dear friends around the globe that I treasure. Out of sight is not out of mind to me. I am burdened for these friends and love to connect with them. I don’t favor shallow conversations, but am comfortable with vulnerable and real. Broad and deep also means I delight in learning about so many things, and, when possible, I dive as deeply as I can into each subject.
This concept is probably my greatest weakness as well. I realized looking back at college that I was a part of a number of groups and had a broad number of people I deeply cared about and connected with. Yet, this meant I didn’t have 1 or 2 people that always invited me and always wanted me along. I was more on the fringes, and that can be a lonely place. This also means that I spread myself thin. It’s one reason I find myself teaching at a University, starting a business, seeking to publish a couple of books, all the while being a “stay at home Mom,” that wants more than anything to spend my time pouring into homeschooling my kids.
IF YOU COULD BE ANY AGE FOR A WEEK, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
I would be right where I am. I’ve been through some very difficult, painful seasons- many of which during ages others might long to return to. The wisdom and faith God built into me through those seasons, and the depth of the knowledge of Him He built into me are things I wouldn’t want to be without. This season of my life is a delightful one. It is one of flourishing and growth. It is one of exploration and devotion to the things I love. It is one in which my kids still laugh at everything I do and long for me to hold them an be with them. I can’t think of anything better.
WHAT IS THE STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER EATEN?
Sea worms and pigs ear. Surprisingly, the team I was with ate the sea worms with full knowledge of what they were- but when they figured out the delightful, thin meat was pigs ear, it went largely untouched.
WHAT BRINGS YOU JOY?
Teaching. Eric Liddell in Chariots of Fire was getting ready to run in the Olympics. His sister thought he’d get a big head and that his running would distract him from his ministry in China. He told her, “I believe that God made me for a purpose. For China. But He also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure. To give it up would be to hold Him in contempt.” (Click here for the clip). I feel that way about teaching. When I teach, I feel His pleasure.
IF YOU COULD JUMP INTO A BOOK AND LIVE THERE, WHAT BOOK WOULD IT BE?
I would jump into the book of 2 Chronicles Chapter 20 during the reign of Jehoshaphat. I would have loved to have been one of the singers at the front of the army, praising God for His love that endures forever, when they discovered the vast armies coming against them had destroyed one another- that God has fought for them as He promised. And they had peace at every side.
- Higher Thoughts and Other Things Christian Doctor and Writer Duo (with 5 cubs). Honest, real, encouraging. Reflective and inspiring.
- Ask Finnian (Lamplighter’s Blog) Answers to real questions asked Dear Abby style. Deep, encouraging, inspiring. Drawing you to some of the best literature out there to train your heart and your children’s hearts toward true wisdom and solid character.
- Raising da Vinci New and exciting ways to engage and inspire your kids. Beautifully done, thoughtful, content-rich. Great music resources.
- Beauty Beyond Bones A story of brokenness through an eating disorder to redemption through the Lord. I never met my grandmother, who died from anorexia long before blogs like this were out there to help.
- Traditional Cooking School. Great recipes for food and personal care products that trump many of the things people put in and on their bodies these days. Educational, practical, and extremely health-promoting.
- The Busy Mom by Heidi St. John. Absolutely full of wisdom and encouragement. Heidi St John is well known as a professional speaker and home-school mom.
I am going to reuse some of the questions asked of me and switch a couple up:
- What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?
- If you could jump into a book and live there, what book would it be?
- What brings you joy?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever done?
- Tell us about a meaningful act of kindness you either had done to you or witnessed being done for another person.
What are your answers to these questions? What do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!
My Top 5 Blogs
- Can you hear God whispering, “I love you!”?
- The Most Important Fact About Us
- What is the Meaning of Life?
- Top 2 Ways I Pray for My Friends
- Energy Bites- My Favorite Healthy Cookie (because everyone needs a treat sometimes)