Looking for something sweet that can energize you, but hoping to get ahead of the holidays and eat something healthy? Want something quick and easy to make or need something to take and share? You have to try these:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients. Roll into balls. I prefer to flatten mine (so they have a more cookie-like appearance). Place on a cookie sheet. Put in freezer until set (about an hour).
I store mine in the freezer, but, honestly, I triple this recipe and still they don’t last long. Enjoy!
My desire is that through this blog, you will be inspired to:
- engage deeply with the Lord and those you care about
- embrace wholly, bringing your whole self to the table to connect with others, and
- delight lavishly, celebrating the consequential and minutia of life.
This recipe is a delight to my taste buds and a gift of healthy eating to those I love. Just a small taste of celebration and connection in my life.
More Cooking Ideas:
- Best Shrimp Scampi Linguini
- The Secret To Easy-to-Peel, 10-minute, Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
18 thoughts on “Energy Bites- My Favorite Healthy Cookie”