The cold, wet, rainy weather we’ve been having motivated me to make something easy, creamy, and cheesy. If you are in the mood for some comfort food and you do dairy, try this!
- 1 lb elbows (or whatever pasta you fancy)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Reggiano
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs
- Bake the bacon in the oven 400° F for 20 minutes (or until crisp)
- Boil salted water, add pasta, cook for 5 minutes, strain.
- Melt butter, add pressed or chopped garlic and cook until fragrant (approx. 30 seconds)
- Add flour and mix until there are no clumps
- Add milk and cream and cook until warmed through
- Add thyme, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add cheddar and 1/2 of the Parmesan and reggiano and 1/2 the bacon. Melt, mixing continually until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour pasta and cheese mixture together in a baking dish (I used 9 x 13, but others work well, too). Sprinkle the remaining bacon, Parmesan and reggiano on top. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- Enjoy! But not too fast…. we ate it ravenously before it had a chance to cool.
Want More Like This?
This blog is designed to help you focus on the good God has done and on enjoying it. Eating is a small part of that. Subscribe so you never miss a recipe!