Mmm… this is one of our family’s favorites. Sweet noodles, tangy goat cheese, and toasty, nutty pine nuts. This is definitely a delightful way to get more root vegetables in your diet. It’s also serves as a tasty gluten free option for those that need it.
- 6 Golden Beets
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel the beets and spiralize them into noodles.
- Spread them out on a baking stone or pan.
- Toss in the olive oil, salt, and rosemary.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- While roasting the noodles, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring often so they don’t burn.
- Remove noodles from oven, mix in goat cheese, and top with pine nuts.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Why Golden Beets?
Golden beets are a bit harder to find than red beets, but their sweet, mild flavor is well worth seeking out! They have a much milder beet flavor than red beets, and they are power-packed by the living God with vitamins and minerals.
Golden beets are high in folic acid, iron, fiber, and potassium. Like other orange and yellow fruits and vegetables, they are also packed with vitamin A, antioxidants, vitamin C, lycopene, beta-carotene, and zeaxanthin. Here are some of the benefits:
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Cleanses kidneys and body
- Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- Treats fatigue and anemia
- Boosts immune system
- Helps prevent cancer
You can’t beet 🙂 all these vitamins, nutrients, and powerful antioxidants!
Want More Like This?
This blog is designed to give you options to help you as you seek to enjoy your life just a little bit more fully. -To revel in the good that God has given, and to do so with those you love (and hopefully to eat and rest well enough to live long, doing all those works ordained by God for you to do). Subscribe so you never miss a recipe!