Light and healthy, this easy one and done meal is full of ranchy goodness. This is one our family all looks forward to. Marinade. Skewer. Grill. Mmm…
Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs
A light, healthy tasty kabob dish, full of vegetables and a vibrant ranch flavor.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 lemon squeezed (or 2 Tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Vegetables of your choice. Such as any combination of:
- 2 Red, Yellow, Orange or Green Peppers
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Yellow squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 8 oz Cherry tomatoes
These can be as diverse as you and those around your table. I love it with potatoes, mushrooms, onion, squash and peppers. One son enjoys it with just chicken, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Another likes chicken, mushrooms, potatoes, and peppers. You might like them with chicken only (if so, toss in a couple more chicken breasts). It’s all delicious.
Today, we made it with just chicken, peppers, and onion- because that’s all we had on hand. If you make more than 2 cups of vegetables, add more ranch to the sauce.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a Zippered plastic bag
- Cut up chicken into cubes and place in the marinade bag
- Cut up vegetables of your choice and place in marinade bag. Mix well.
- Let sit overnight or for a few hours (or if you are in a hurry 30 minutes)
- Skewer away! Make them all the same or make them for specific people’s tastes.
- Grill until meat is cooked through (Approx. 15 minutes on an indoor grill. I turned it 3 times to get 4 edges grilled and put a loose lid on.)
As it’s snowing here, we used an indoor grill. You could also bake them approximately 25 minutes at 375°F. However you cook them, just make sure the meat is cooked through and the veggies are as tender as you like them.
Along the Way
You can marinade in a big bowl or like this in a zippered plastic bag. We always put the bag inside a glass dish- just in case it leaks.
Here they go on the grill!
More Like This
This blog is designed with you in mind. My prayer is that you will scooch just a little closer to the Lord’s beckoning arm. That you will nestle in close to Him and learn from Him all He wants to speak to your soul. That He will breathe on you His rest.
Here on Sip Life Slowly and Enjoy It, you will find resources to help you embrace God with all you are, to engage in the relationships you care about with a fresh face erupting from a fresh heart- full and whole, celebrating the intricate good in your life.
I share recipes that our family enjoys in hopes that it adds health and flavor to your life. My prayer is that you can enjoy what you eat and enjoy it with those you love around conversations that draw you closer. If you enjoy this recipe please like this blog and follow me below. You can also find siplifeslowly on whatever social media you like best Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr. If you liked this, you might like:
One thought on “Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs”